Public Relations & Marketing Intern
ComfyTree Enterprises is a new and emerging industry leader in consulting services for the cannabis industry. ComfyTree is a start-up company based in the Midwest and markets its services throughout the United States. At ComfyTree Enterprises, our mission is to provide economical consulting solutions and entrepreneurship education to individuals looking to enter into the cannabis business. We are committed to presenting complex information about cannabis in a user-friendly, relaxing, and comfyway. We also are a legal enterprise and strive for benefitting from the emerging industry while avoiding legal risks. The ComfyTree team is made up of professionals from Fortune 500 company backgrounds that have taken their knowledge into the cannabis industry.
Are you looking for real world experience in a new and exciting industry? Are you looking for a relevant experience and transferable skills? Would you enjoy working with and learning from a team of entrepreneurs and be treated as an equal player instead of fetching coffee and doing donut runs? Of course you are. Comfy Tree Cannabis Consulting has an immediate opening for a Marketing & Public Relations Intern. Our interns feel a sense of accomplishment because their ideas directly impact the Comfytree public relations strategy. No agency experience? No problem. Come with a strong work ethic and a passion for knowledge and we will get you up to speed. Things change everyday in the cannabis industry as people across the nation become more aware of the opportunities in the legal cannabis industries. It is important that our interns keep up with current events as well as have strong organization skills and attention to detail. We need someone who is knowledgeable about social media platforms to help us reach multiple cities in an engaging, professional and….(cough) …economical way. New entrepreneurs are born everyday and while we are teaching entrepreneurs in our workshops interns may also benefit from entrepreneurship knowledge.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a strong Public Relations campaign with the Comfy Tree Marketing Manager
- Communicate with targeted businesses, news stations, magazines, and organizations to build awareness and partnerships
- Maintain the Comfy Tree Marketing and Public Relations process and provide improvement ideas
- Develop targeted communication briefs and press releases to build awareness with key media outlets
- Develop a plan to locate game –changing contacts and build on-going relationships with game-changing contacts
- Identify key resources to participate in Comfy Tree Enterprises events and develop relationships with key business partners.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to effectively reach customers and communicate the Comfy Tree value proposition to help drive purchase intent
- Working with the Comfy Tree team to help promote the company’s brand, its products and services
- Stay current on industry and competitive trends and regularly informing sales and marketing of noteworthy news items and opportunities that might change ComfyTree’s positioning strategy
- Currently enrolled at an accredited institution or have obtained degree
- Experience in media relations in an agency or corporate setting is a plus, but not required
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational, public speaking and customer service skills
- Proactive, outgoing, positive, professional personality and a team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to keep up with the new fast-paced cannabis industry. Attention to detail a must.